Location: Milnsbridge, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
ProVu Communications Ltd is an award winning value-added distributor of Voice-over-IP technology. We are a small team of 22 people, all of whom are based in our head office in Huddersfield.
Our speciality is in automated configuration and management systems for Internet connected devices. We sell to a wide range of resellers throughout the UK and Ireland and are one of the leading companies in the world of Internet Telephony - We are profitable and growing.
We're looking for someone to join our software team to support our future growth plans. You will be someone who can write software in php and python and will enjoy working as part of a small team.
Working alongside our Project Manager, you will be fixing and improving our software. This could be anything from creating a new feature in our customer portal, to designing a new workflow for our accounts department – this is a very varied role!
You will be a strong team player who is organised, self-motivated and willing to take ownership of issues and problems.
Our Systems include
- Internal order flow, database
- Accounts, stock tracking systems
- Customer portals
- Webservices for IoT devices
Everyday, we use
- Python (mainly 3), with Flask and Jinja
- PHP (mainly 7)
- Debian Linux
- Deliver systems that work amazingly for our team, our customers and our suppliers.
- Deliver profit for the company by saving time, making new products and finding ways to get more happy customers.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of software team.
- Talk to our customers and iterate to find the best solution.
- Test your work and get others to test it.
- Consider the human side of deployment - the system is not complete until it is being deployed, used and accepted.
- Communicating and collaborating with other teams both internal and external.
- Work together with the rest of the software team to share good practice and establish standards/methods of work.
- Be organised, with the ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills to aid the exploration and development of our systems with its users.
- Able to build working web applications and remain up to date with the latest technologies.
- A natural curiosity to understand the business and improve its processes.
- PHP, Python, MariaDB / MySQL, HTML, CSS.
- An understanding of VoIP and provisioning engines is an advantage.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience of developing production software systems
- Experience of taking product requirements and developing software systems and designs to bring them to life
- Strong PHP / Python programming experience
What we offer
We are a small, friendly team who are passionate about the work we do. We pride ourselves as being leaders in our field and strive to provide the very best service we can. We know that our team is one of our core strengths, therefore we look to develop our staff and their careers wherever we can and offer a comfortable, fun environment.
- Salary up to £38,000
- Company bonus scheme, based on quarterly targets
- Company contributory pension scheme
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays, increasing up to 23 days per year served
- We offer fully funded training courses to help you develop, learn and gain accreditations
- A modern, stylish work place in a converted Yorkshire textile mill
- A stress free work place. You will not be micro-managed or expected to meet unrealistic deadlines
- We reward performance rather than time served. If you do well here you will find plenty of opportunity to progress
- Regular company social activities
- Free tea & coffee all day
This role is envisaged as a full time position based in our offices in Huddersfield. But we would consider applications from the right candidate, for part time flexible working.
How to apply
We are looking to attract individual candidates and will not work with agencies.