- Technical Specialist
Technical Support Engineer
Location: Milnsbridge, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology?
Are you a problem solver who enjoys figuring out how things work?
Do you want to further your career by getting involved in the future of telephony?
If so we'd like to hear from you.
ProVu Communications Ltd are an award winning value-added distributor of Voice-over-IP technology. Our speciality is in automated configuration and management systems for Internet connected devices. We sell to a wide range of resellers throughout the UK and Ireland. ProVu are one of the leading companies in the world of Internet Telephony. We are profitable and growing.
Working as part of our technical support team, you will be responsible for dealing with technical support emails and telephone calls from our customers. These will range from product information queries to diagnosing and fixing complex problems.
You will also provide internal IT support for our own staff, such as fixing printer jams, installing software on desktop PCs, hardware repairs to PCs and documenting work carried out with recommendations on preventing problems in the future.
You will learn about Voice-over-IP technologies, gaining experience from technical experts in-house with the potential for outside training and qualifications. Our customers are resellers who generally have technical knowledge themselves so you will be handling complex and interesting jobs.
You will also learn about Linux operating systems as our internal IT infrastructure is mostly Linux based.
- Answering inbound technical support queries by email and telephone
- Prioritising your workload and managing your time
- Testing products and services, figuring things out, solving problems
- Ensuring our customers receive a good service and are getting their questions answered in a timely fashion
- Assistance in producing documentation such as how-to guides and blog posts on technical topics
- Handing internal support requests from staff, prioritising jobs, carrying out maintenance and repairs, documenting work done on internal IT equipment
We see the following skills & qualifications as being useful in this position. But do not be put off if you are missing any as we are interested in finding people who get enjoyment from learning new things:
- Educated in a technology related field (e.g. degree, BTEC, Diploma or A-level etc...)
- Some work experience in the tech-support area
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of IP networking, Internet technologies
- Any experience with Linux and open source software
- Good written skills and telephone manner
- Knowledge or experience of telephony systems (new or old)
- Above all, you enjoy learning as we are always trying to keep ahead of the curve by learning about new technology
What we offer
We're a small, friendly team who are passionate about the work we do. We pride ourselves as being leaders in our field and strive to provide the very best service we can. We know that our team is one of our core strengths, therefore we look to develop our staff and their careers wherever we can and offer a comfortable, fun environment.
After six months of employment you will enter the company bonus scheme which pays a quarterly bonus based on the performance of both the company and yourself.
- Company bonus scheme
- 20 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing per year served)
- We offer fully funded training courses to help you develop, learn and gain accreditations
- A modern, stylish work place in a converted Yorkshire mill with full heating and air conditioning
- A great working atmosphere. You will not be micro-managed or expected to meet unrealistic deadlines
- As much free coffee, tea, cordial as you can drink
- We reward performance rather than time served - if you do well here you will find plenty of opportunity to progress your career
- Company pension scheme with matched contributions
- Regular company social activities
£15k - £20k depending on experience.
How to apply
Strictly no agencies.