- Technical Support
Technical Support Apprentice
Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology?
Are you a problem solver who enjoys figuring out how things work? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
ProVu Communications Ltd is an award winning value-added distributor of Voice-over-IP technology. Our speciality is in automated configuration and management systems for Internet connected devices. We sell to a wide range of resellers throughout the UK and Ireland and are one of the leading companies in the world of Internet Telephony. We are profitable and growing.
We are now looking for a Technical Support Apprentice to join our growing team. Our apprenticeship scheme is tried and tested and we have a track record of building young people into full time employees.
Working as part of our technical support team, you will be responsible for dealing with first-line technical support emails and telephone calls from our customers. These will range from product information queries to diagnosing and fixing problems.
You will learn about Voice-over-IP technologies, gaining experience from our in-house technical experts, there will also be the potential for outside training and qualifications.
- Answering inbound technical support queries by email and telephone
- Prioritising your workload and managing your time
- Testing products and services, figuring things out, solving problems
- Ensuring our customers receive a good service and are getting their questions answered in a timely fashion
Requirements & Prospects
The kind of person we're looking for...
- Good written skills and telephone manner
- Good IT skills
- Good communication skills
- Above all, you enjoy learning about technology as we are always trying to keep ahead of the curve by learning about new technology
- We assume no prior knowledge or experience, we are looking for someone who is willing to learn
What we offer
We're a small, friendly team who are passionate about the work we do. We pride ourselves as being leaders in our field and strive to provide the very best service we can. We know that our team is one of our core strengths, therefore we look to develop our staff and their careers wherever we can and offer a comfortable, fun environment.
After six months of employment you will enter the company bonus scheme which pays a quarterly bonus based on the performance of both the company and yourself.
- Company bonus scheme
- 20 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing up to 23 days per year served)
- We offer fully funded training courses to help you develop, learn and gain accreditations
- A modern, stylish work place in a converted Yorkshire mill
- A great working atmosphere. You will not be micro-managed or expected to meet unrealistic deadlines
- As much free coffee, tea, cordial as you can drink
- We reward performance rather than time served - if you do well here you will find plenty of opportunity to progress your career
- Company pension scheme with matched contributions
- Regular company social activities
How to apply
We are looking to attract individual candidates and will not work with agencies.