- Warehouse & Technical
Warehousing, Logistics & Technical Engineer
Location: Milnsbridge, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
ProVu Communications is an award-winning value-added distributor of Voice over IP technology. Due to rapid growth, we are now on the lookout for an Apprentice Warehousing, Logistics and Technical Engineer to join our team.
This is a varied, hands-on role where you will be responsible for assisting in all areas of our logistical and warehousing operations, helping to configure hardware and handle the repair of returned goods, you will play a pivotal role in our busy warehousing team.
Your duties will include:
- Working alongside and assisting our busy warehouse team
- Despatching orders via the company database
- Assist with stock taking duties
- Help to manage stock rotation and replenishment
- Receiving goods and maintaining organisation within the warehouse
- Perform all necessary hardware configuration duties prior to despatch
- Assist with the repairs of returned stock
Requirements & Prospects
The kind of person we're looking for...
- This isn't any old warehousing job. There is a strong focus on general IT and VoIP technology and you will be as deeply involved in the technical aspets of the business as much as you will be the manual aspects of the warehouse.
- Essentially forming a bridge between the warehouse and technical support departments you will have a foot firmly in each camp.
- This role offers great scope for career progression in either a modern technologically proficient warehousing role, or into a more technical/IT focused role.
- The ideal candidate will be reliable, able to work on their feet all day, a good communicator, and most of all be able to get along with others in a fast paced environment.
In addition, you will have the following:
- Good IT skills
- Good time management skills & the ability to prioritise your workload
- A good team mentality
- Excellent communication skills
- Engaged with technology and an enjoyment for learning about it
- A positive approach to challenges
- The ability to work independently and in a team
- A hard-working and enthusiastic attitude
- Higly motivated
- Willingness to go the extra mile to resolve issues
- 5 GCSEs graded A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
We are a rapidly evolving company with lots of potential and scope for career progression for the right candidate.
How to apply
We are looking to attract individual candidates and will not work with agencies.