- Returns Policy
Returns Policy with Terms and Conditions
At ProVu we appreciate that sometimes items can go faulty and on occasion you may change your mind about a purchase you’ve made. We have put together a simple returns policy to help you understand what you are able to return and the conditions of the return.
In order to make sure that issues with faulty products are fixed as quickly and efficiently as possible, it is important to contact our support team before raising an RMA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email please provide as much information about the fault as possible - our technical support team may be able to help fix the problem remotely without the need for the items to returned to us. Any items returned and found not to be faulty will be returned without exception, and an invoice will be raised for return courier cost.
All of our products come with return to base warranty unless you have purchased a manufacturer supported advanced replacement service. ProVu only offers advanced replacement on items if it is DOA*.
Please note; we are unable to accept the return of headsets due to hygiene reasons, unless they are faulty.
|Working product in brand new condition and in original packaging||Faulty product but otherwise in brand new condition|
|Product returned within 30 days of despatch||We will issue a credit note. All unwanted items are subject to a minimum 15% restocking fee.||You can return the item to us and we can offer repair/replacement or issue a credit note.|
|Product returned outside 30 days but within warranty||We won’t accept returns.||You can return the item to us and we can offer a repair/replacement on the product (credit option in not available).|
|The item is outside of the manufacturer's warranty||We won’t accept returns.||We cannot replace items of this age. We may be able offer a chargeable repair service.|
- You must contact ProVu’s support team before returning any faulty goods. A ProVu engineer will discuss the problems with you and decide what is the best action to take.
- Please fill out the RMA Form to request an RMA number. You will be contacted by a member of the ProVu technical team with details of the return’s authorisation.
- Once your return has been authorised, products should be shipped to: ProVu Communications Ltd, Savile Mill, Savile Street, Milnsbridge, Huddersfield, HD3 4PG. Please make sure goods are suitably packaged to ensure there is no damage in transit.
Once you have read and understood the returns policy and conditions below you may request an RMA number.
"Reseller": the person or firm who purchases the Goods and/or Services from ProVu, either for its own use or on behalf of an End User.
- In the event the reseller has requested a credit for products in working order ProVu will only accept products that are in a "resalable condition". Products being returned for credit must be returned to us with all items included in the original sale including manuals, cables, disks and any free software items. Any goods returned for credit must be in original product packaging in a suitable condition (no writing or stickers on the manufacturers box and packed securely inside an outer box).
- The right to cancel does not extend to business customers or goods that are collected from ProVu. All items returned as unwanted in working order are subject to a minimum 15% handling charge.
- Where ProVu arranges collection of goods, it is still the responsibility of the reseller to ensure that the goods are securely packaged and with ProVu's address clearly labelled on the outside of the outer box.
- Returned products must be adequately wrapped to prevent damage during transit with the RMA number clearly marked on the outside of the package. It would help us to speed up the processing your return if you also enclosed a detailed note of the fault.
- ProVu does not accept liability for packages damaged during transit and proof of postage is not proof of delivery. All goods remain the resellers responsibility until signed for by ProVu. You are therefore strongly advised to send your package by recorded delivery, registered post or courier and maintain sufficient insurance to cover the value of the goods.
- The cost of return carriage is to be borne by the reseller, unless the fault has been classed as DOA*.
- On receipt of the package arriving back at ProVu, the product will be tested against the stated fault (if any). Tested products found to be in full working order will be returned to the reseller or end user and an invoice will be raised for return carriage.
- The warranty period starts on the date of despatch or the date the order is ready waiting for collection from ProVu.
- Refunds will not be given for goods that are not faulty or where the operator is not able to use the products properly - you are expected to ensure that the product is fit for purpose before purchase, if you are unsure about the product compatibility with your system or service, please contact our support team who will be able to help and provide advice on the product use.
- Warranty does not apply to any unit that has been subject to neglect, accident, abuse, misuse, misapplication, incorrect connection or that has been subject to repair, or alteration not authorised or undertaken by ProVu personnel.
- For products beyond the manufacturer's warranty period, ProVu may accept faulty units for repair but the full cost of repairs, handling and postage is to be resellers' responsibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
*What does DOA mean?
DOA is an abbreviation which stands for 'dead on arrival'. This term is used when and item is faulty when received by the user. If you receive the item and find it is not working or stops working and the RMA is raised within 30 days of the date despatch it will be treated as DOA.
How long does it take for ProVu to replace/repair my faulty item?
This depends on your level of entitlement or product warranty. All manufacturers have different returns processes. For some of our manufacturers including Gigaset, Yealink and Sennheiser, following our inhouse engineer successfully replicating the issue a replacement item is generally issued within 1-2 working days.
For other manufacturers it may take longer as the goods have to be returned back to the manufacturer for repair/replacement. Generally, it takes between 3-4 weeks to issue a repaired/replaced item.
Can I get an advance replacement?
ProVu only offers advanced replacement for items which have gone faulty and RMA raised within 30 days of despatch. Any items reported as faulty outside 30 days will follow our standard procedure.
We understand our resellers may want to offer advanced replacement to their customer. They can do so at their discretion, please bear in mind the repaired/replaced item will be returned back to the reseller.
Will I get a brand-new item as a replacement?
Generally, you will receive a brand-new item as a replacement, but we may send you refurbished products to accommodate for the faulty handsets. The refurbished item would carry the same warranty as the original item. We can do that if the item is end of life but still in warranty or we don't have a replacement item in stock.
What is the warranty period given on replacement products?
Replacement items carry over the warranty from the original purchase.
Can I have a credit for my order?
We can only issue credit for items where an RMA has been raised within 30 days of purchase.
Who pays to return items to ProVu?
ProVu will cover cost of collection or arrange collection of goods if the item has gone faulty and the RMA has been raised within 30 days of purchase. For everything else, it is the reseller responsibility to arrange collection and shipping to ProVu.
This document supersedes all previous versions of the ProVu Communications Ltd Returns Policy. These conditions may change.
Policy last updated September 2020