- How to make an SPA-3102 work like an SPA-3000
How to make an SPA-3102 work like an SPA-3000
To make it forget the router bit exists. Same works for SPA-2102.
The box has 2 ethernet interfaces. Confusingly they have different name on the box as they do in the web interface.
The 2 connections are:
- Ethernet - called LAN in the web interface
- Internet - called WAN in the web interface
By default, LAN acts as a DHCP server. WAN acts as DHCP client.
The web inferface is disabled on the WAN side.
- Connect a PC with DHCP client to the Ethernet connection
The PC should automatically acquire an IP address, it might be necessary to restart networking or just the whole computer so it gets a new IP address
- web browse to http://192.168.0.1/ or http://192.168.1.1/
- click Admin, advanced, Wan Setup
- Find the setting for `Enable WAN Web Server` and set to yes. Submit all changes.
- Disconnect unit. Put a sticky label/tape over the Ethernet(LAN) interface.
You now have a unit that will behave just like an SPA-3000. The only difference is you have to click on `Voice` to see all the voice settings. Auto configuration scripts should work just the same.