The 8189 SIP Ceiling Speaker is a SIP compliant surface mount IP ceiling speaker for voice paging, loud ringing, emergency notification and background music. Identical to the 8188, the 8189 offers a slimmer design which is better suited for indoor surface mount applications.
Just like the Algo 8180, the 8189 registers as an end point designed to work with all SIP based IP PBX phone systems. The 8189 can be configured to auto-multicast to any number of additional speakers as required, providing a cost effective, scalable solution as well as minimising network traffic.
The Algo 8189 has an integrated microphone which enables talkback and listens for ambient noise to automatically increase page volume when necessary. This helps to ensure paging is always heard but not unnecessarily loud*.
The 8189 ceiling speaker is easy to install and is powered by PoE which eliminates the need for a local power supply. Configuration is possible via a web interface.
* Feature not available when playing background music
- Features a slimmer design, making it ideal for indoor surface mount ceiling applications
- SIP loud ringer, music, paging speaker
- Multicast wide area notification
- Wideband G.722 codec support for HD Voice
- Superb audio clarity and intelligibility
- Configurable through web interface
- Supports auto-provisioning
- Music capable
- Internal memory for uploaded WAV files or recorded messages
- Dual SIP extensions for page or notification
- Programmable relay (dry contact) output
- Programmable relay (dry contact) input or illuminated and supervised wall button
- PoE (Power over Ethernet)
Support & Downloads
This product comes with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty
What's in the box
- 8189 SIP Surface Mount Speaker
- White trim ring and speaker grill
- Tool for grill removal and reset
- Plugable terminal block for relay input and output
- Getting Started Sheet