Aastra SIP-DECT solution
To enable users enjoy the advantages of using IP networks together with the DECT technology, Aastra has developed radio fixed parts (RFP) with IP interfaces for integrating DECT into IP networks. These radio fixed parts (RFP L32 IP and RFP L34 IP) are connected to the network like IP terminals. Voice is conveyed via VoIP to the radio fixed part and from the RFP to the air via DECT.
Therefore, employees can always be reached via their call numbers, regardless of whether they are in a branch of the company or at the head office. Using the same IP connections for data and telephony saves additional infrastructure and, thus, costs.
No matter the size and range of the IP network, a single Open Mobility Manager (OMM) is enough to manage all RFPs of the multi-cellular DECT network. This is installed on any of the RFPs by software. The OMM manages up to 256 RFPs and 512 handsets.
Support True handover without disconnecting call
SIP-DECT is particularly suitable for companies which...
- Already have an existing data network
- Already use VoIP
- Have several mobile workers at different locations and do not wish to run a separate PBX for each location.
- Wish to develop an extensive industrial site with mobile communication, and on which smaller and bigger operating units have to be linked together on a mobile network
- Wish to have a scalable, future-oriented solution in order to safeguarded the value of their investment for years to come
- Need a failsafe solution.