2N® Access Unit
The 2N® Access Unit is a standalone network access control unit which can be powered via PoE. It allows organisations to monitor and control or restrict movement of people into and within buildings. The device can be easily installed on to a wall and connected to a LAN network, with configuration easily accessible via a web interface. The 2N Access unit is designed in tandem with the IP Verso range and fully integrates with 2N's intercom range including the IP Vario, IP Force and IP Safety. The inbuilt relay, I/O and VBUS connector allow you to connect Verso accessories such as an infopanel, door lock, exit button or open door detector - you can even add secondary authentication modules for dual authentication.
The 2N® Access Unit comes in a variety of models:
- 125kHz RFID - 9160341
- 13.56MHz RFID with NFC - 9160342
- Touch-sensitive keypad - 916032
- Fingerprint reader - 916031
- 125kHz and 13.56MHz RFID with NFC - 9160334
- For the secured version, order 91604334-S
- 125kHz and 13.56MHz RFID with NFC and Bluetooth - 9160335
- For the secured version, order 9160335 - S
- 125kHz and 13.56MHz RFID with NFC and touch-sensitive keypad - 9160336
- For the secured version, order 9160336-S
Please note: on any units where NFC is available, the NFC licence will be required for activation, order code: 916012.
For a Bluetooth-only option, the Access Unit 1.0 Bluetooth remains available - 916013.
The 2N® Access Unit is primarily intended for firms that need to control the movement of people in a building. It offers them a simple, reliable solution at an affordable price. It will also be ideal for organisations that rent out part of their premises and need to resolve access authorisation to various parts of the building.
For a slimline option, there's also the Access Unit M, which is specially designed to be installed on to door frames.
- Choice of model variations: 125kHz RFID, 13.56MHz RFID with NFC, Bluetooth, Touch-sensitive keypad, Fingerprint reader
- Setup and manage via web interface
- Powered by PoE
- IP54 rating
- Choice between flush or on wall mounting
- Choice between brushed nickel and black frame colours
- Ideal for controlling or restricting movement of people within a building
- Excellent price to performance ratio
- New in Access Unit 2.0: direct RJ45 plug connection
- LAN :10/100BASE-TX s Auto-MDIX, connecting block or RJ-45 pigtail
- Power : 12 V ±15% / 2 A DC or POE 802.3af
- Passive switch: make and break contact, max. 30 V / 1 A AC/DC
- Active switch output: 8 to 12 V DC according to power source (PoE: 10 V; adapter: source voltage minus 2 V), max 400 mA
- Three inputs: Can be used in passive or active mode (-30 V to +30 V DC)
- 2N® Access Commander - access control and management software for 2N access unit and IP intercoms
- 2N® IP Network Scanner - application for detecting 2N IP intercoms and access control units on the network
- 2N® Mobile Key - application that convert your smartphone to the access card
Licences and Upgrades
- 2N® IP Licence - NFC Licence (916012)
The 2N® Enhanced Integration and Security Licences come unlocked as standard on the Access Unit. Find out more about 2N's Licences.
Support & Downloads
- CASE STUDY: Ensuring Security in Schools
- Door Locking and door release components
- 2N® IP interoperable devices
- IP intercoms usage scenarios
- 2N® IP Licensed Features
What's in the box
- Access Unit
- Quick install manual
This product comes with a 3 year manufacturer's warranty. An additional 1 or 2 years extended warranty can be purchased for up to 5 years warranty.